Certificate in Life Coaching
The Coaching module was introduced to the Hypnotherapy Certificate Course in recognition that many hypnotherapy clients want additional coaching to achieve life goals or that some people wish to steer clear of “therapy” yet still want assistance in gaining clarity about direction or support whilst working towards their life aims. It also allows the hypnotherapy student to start working immediately they complete their combined hypnotherapy and life coaching certificate. (This module is included in the cost of the Clinical Hypnotherapy certificate)
The Life Coaching Certificate centres around the GROW model which provides a valuable framework for the coaching process and includes sample questions in sequence to assist the client to move forward and reach their desired outcomes. In addition there is an excellent toolkit of activities and exercises which can be used prior or during a session and provides the opportunity for insight, self reflection and a bouncing board for both client and coach. The MBTI personality test is also covered and will help those clients who specifically want career guidance.
Manifesting goals or cosmic ordering has found favour in recent years and in the spirit of light heartedness there is a look into the world of Feng Shui, the chinese art of geomancy or organising the environment to attract good fortune. You will learn how placing objects in specific places will aid goal setting.
Throughout the hypnotherapy course students will learn many NLP techniques that can be applied equally well in a focused state such as the ‘Swish’ or ‘Timeline’. There is flexibility about delivery and it may be possible to do this course on an individual basis depending on the availability of the trainer. Given that the combined Clinical Hypnotherapy and Coaching constitute 50 face to face teaching hours students will be eligible to apply to become an associate of The Association of Coaching. This course is validated internally by IIPCH (International Institute of Professional Coaches and Hypnotheapists).
- Differences and similarities between coaching, managing, mentoring and counselling
- Ideal coach and environment – what it takes to be a great coach
- The coaching spectrum – the impact of directive/facilitative approach
- Communication skills – building rapport, effective listening* and questioning
- Fundamentals of NLP including Swish and Timeline*
- Goal Setting – processes*, taking a walk in the future
- The Grow model
- Grow model sample questions and tips
- Coaching toolkit questionnaires and activities including:
- Self Awareness Activity
- Values and Needs Exercise
- Myers Briggs Inventory – strengths and limitations
- How do you want your life to be – great questions
- Life Evaluation Form
- Vision Board
- Introduction to Feng Shui
- Developing the Inner Coach
*Denotes elements that are covered within the hypnotherapy syllabus. The standalone course includes all elements of above
On completion of this module students receive a Coaching Certificate which can be used to gain insurance from any reputable company and add a different dimension to their business. The certificate is validated internally by the International Institute of Coaches and Hypnotherapists.